New Jersey Youth Corps is one of the largest youth service and conservation corps in the United States. Youth Corps is a year-round, voluntary program which engages young adults (ages 16-25) in full-time community service, training, and educational activities. Guided by staff who serve as mentors and role models, teams of youth called “crews” carry out a wide range of service projects. In return for their efforts to restore and strengthen communities, Corpsmembers receive:
1) education development in basic skills and preparation to obtain a GED or locally issued Adult High School Diploma;
2) life skills and employability skills instruction;
3) personal and career counseling to build self-esteem, clarify values, and develop leadership skills while they are developing their career portfolio;
4) transition services and continuing support services as they transition to college, training, employment or other national and domestic service opportunities;
5) community service opportunities which develop positive employability skills while addressing unmet community needs. Corpsmembers receive a stipend while enrolled in Youth Corps.
from all of us at the P.D.R.P,& O.H.Inc,